Mar 5, 2020
• Fixed: Setting the home team on the Game Details screen would sometimes require multiple attempts
• Fixed: In specific conditions the report sharing interface wouldn’t display correctly on iPad
• Fixed: The screen displayed when first accepting a shared team didn't account for the iPhone "notch"
Dec 19, 2019
• Improved game cloud sync process (only syncs once game is finalized)
• Bug fix: Giving the goalie a penalty no longer automatically removes them from the ice
Nov 24, 2019
• Improved cloud sync error messages
• Bug fixes
Nov 9, 2019
• Added new version 2 features to the in-app tutorials
• Fixed PP% and PK% stats in the Team report
• Additional logging to help diagnose cloud sync issues
Oct 30, 2019
Goaliath 2 has finally been cleared to play after an extended conditioning stint in the development league! Here’s what’s new in version 2:
TEAM SHARING: Powered by iCloud, the new Team Sharing feature lets you invite other members of your team to see all of your carefully captured stats on their own iOS devices using Goaliath! When you invite a person to the team you can set their permission to view-only or you can give them the ability to make changes (write access). So if you’re going to miss a game you can give someone else write access so they can track the stats using their own device and it will automatically be shared back to the team! Turn on “Cloud Sync” in Settings to enable this team sharing awesomeness.
CLOUD SYNC: Just enable it in Settings and you’ll get seamless access to all your teams and stats on all your iOS devices. Bingo!
SHOOTOUTS: Even if you dislike shootouts you’ll love using Goaliath’s new shootout feature! Available in the Live Tracker right where you’d expect it to be, it will make tracking your next shootout fun and easy. Shootout results are nicely integrated into the game stats report. Goaliath properly handles the details like determining the game winner while not impacting your individual player or goalie stats with shootout shots and goals.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Goaliath has always allowed you to track power play and short-handed goals. Now you can track power play opportunities in-game which will allow Goaliath to calculate new stats like Power Play (PP%) and Penalty Kill (PK%) percentages!
DARK MODE: Like home and away jerseys Goaliath fully supports both the light and dark appearances in iOS 13. Think of it as Ice Mode and Puck Mode, if you like.
• updated the Teams list with a new look and team details
• refined Team screen UI + scroll team stats to view them full-screen
• specify the season (eg. 2019/2020) for your team
• fixed the game date picker for iOS 13
• fixed Live Tracker landscape mode for iPad on iOS 13
Dec 13, 2018
Goaliath 1.4.2 shuts down these #PeskyBugs:
• Bug fix: Inability to edit most recent shot/goal while using Quick Tracking Mode
• Bug fix: Some shot/goal indicators weren’t visible when “Clean ice between periods” was disabled
• Bug fix: Team stats report goalie SOG calculation error (it was including games not marked as “Final score”)
• Bug fix: Live Tracker layout issues after device rotation on iPhone X-class devices
• Bug fix: Games list sort order is now maintained after viewing Game Details
Nov 13, 2018
Goaliath 1.4.1 sharpens the blades and shakes out a few bugs:
• New stat: Game Winning Goals (GWG)
• Stats tables now include a "Total" bottom line
• Optimized the Line Change window to reduce the need for scrolling
• New option in Settings lets you choose if you want the Shot Editor displayed after each shot
• When adding a new player to your team mid-season Goaliath now gives you the option of automatically scratching them from games already played
• Enhanced readability for player numbers on blocked/missed shot indicators
• Fixed tutorial mode layout issues for various devices and orientations
• Fixed Live Tracker layout issues that sometimes occurred when rotating the device
• Fixed bugs related to starting goalie and shutout determination
Oct 1, 2018
Goaliath 1.4 goes hard to the net and gives you 110% every time your team hits the ice.
NEW: Post-Game Review
Get deep into the numbers and pull exactly the stats you’re looking for using the new Post-Game Review interface! Once you’ve marked your score as Final, the Post-Game Review mode becomes available. Inside the Post-Game Review you can break down every stat period-by-period, player-by-player, and even even line-by-line! Also includes face-off statistics broken down zone-by-zone. All totally shareable.
NEW: Team Stats Report
Your Team Statistics report has been given a complete overhaul with a fresh new design and new insights into your team’s overall statistics. You can now also filter your team statistics by game type so you can quickly separate your regular season stats from exhibition and tournament stats.
NEW: Report Format Options
Now when you share team statistics or game statistics you get to choose between a beautifully formatted PDF report or a standard CSV file that you can import into your favourite spreadsheet app! With the new PDF option your reports will finally look consistently great for everyone you share them with. You also have the option of using the built-in markup feature in iOS to annotate your reports!
NEW: Quick Tracking Mode
Not interested in individual player stats? Turn on the new Quick Tracking Mode (available in Settings) and you won’t be prompted to choose a player when you track shots or goals in the Live Tracker.
Also in Goaliath 1.4:
- Support for tracking blocked & missed shots
- Sort your games list by date, opponent, game type, or result
- Power play & short-handed goals are now included in stats
- Bug fixes and performance improvements (of course)
Apr 28, 2018
Goaliath 1.3 scores a hat trick of the most requested features!
1 • LINE CHANGES
Line changes are finally here! No more frantic tapping to get the right players on the ice. Simply swipe across the active players to choose a new line. Speaking of new, there's also a slick new Line Editor so you can create exactly the lines you want. You can build full lines or create separate forward lines and D pairs. Access the Line Editor from the Players screen.
2 • GOALS AGAINST AVERAGE (GAA)
Goalie parents rejoice! Version 1.3 now lets you track GAA stats. To make sure its accurate you just need to set your team's game length (in minutes) using the new Options feature on the Games screen. You also get to input the minutes played by your goalie(s) after each game when you mark the score as final.
3 • FRESH ICE
If your team was putting a lot of shots on goal the Live Tracker tended to get “cluttered” by the third period. Not any more! Go into the app settings and enable the new “Clean Ice Between Periods” option and you’ll get a fresh sheet of ice every period.
More nifty features in version 1.3:
* Pick your starting goalie before every game
* Your team’s Win-Loss-Tie record is now on the Team screen
* Player shooting percentage (S%) statistics
* Updated face-off editor to reduce input errors
* Smaller shot/goal indicators on iPad
* Beautiful new icons throughout the app
* Bug fixes a-plenty
Whew! One important note: Version 1.3 will likely be the last version to support iOS 10. Future versions of Goaliath will require iOS 11.
Please enjoy and remember: _every_ season is hockey season!
Dec 4, 2017
Version 1.2 tickles the twine with a plethora of sweet new features, enhancements, and optimizations!
• You can now share your team stats for the entire season (not just per-game)
• New option to add player numbers to shot indicators in the Live Tracker (look in Settings)
• The app icon now has a handy shortcut menu on devices with 3D Touch
• Live Tracker provides haptic feedback for shots and goals on supported devices
• Customize your team colours with the new colour picker
• Live Tracker interface updated for a better experience on iPad in landscape mode
• Goaliath parle français! (French localization)
Enjoy the new version!
Oct 10, 2017
• Fixed a bug that left the extra attacker "on the ice" when replacing the goalie after a pull
• Fixed a keyboard display issue on the opponent creation screen
• Goaliath is ready for iPhone X
Sep 19, 2017
• First release!